It’s been nearly 4 years since the original Razer Deathadder was released. After some initial issues, a few firmware updates made it a nearly flawless mouse. Since then, Razer, Logitech and other manufacturers have released many new mice, none of which I’d recommend over the trusty old Deathadder.
Here’s my list of the mice I’ve tried and what’s wrong with them:
- Logitech MX518, 125Hz polling rate by default, prediction, otherwise flawless afaik. Both the old 1600DPI, and the new 1800DPI.
- Razer Boomslang CE07, rubber buttons wear very quickly.
- Razer Lachesis, z-axis tracking
- Razer Mamba, z-axis tracking, jitter on old firmware, dynamic dpi scaling on new firmware (to fix jitter :/ )
- Razer Abyssus, jitter on cloth pads
- Razer Deathadder 3500, jitter on cloth pads
- Razer Imperator, z-axis tracking, dynamic dpi scaling (hardware acceleration :/ )
- Logitech G500, hardware acceleration due to Avago ADNS-9500 sensor
- Logitech G9x, hardware acceleration due to Avago ADNS-9500 sensor
- Steelseries Xai, hardware acceleration due to Avago ADNS-9500 sensor
Apparently, releasing a new mouse with OVER 9000 DPI AND BUTTONS is more important than flawless tracking to all these mice companies.